Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thomas, Percy, Freight Cars, mmmmmmmm

Yesterday, I was in training all day. I learned at least one new thing, which met my goal. It was a different way to spend a day, so that was nice too. I came home a little late. Emily came over to have pizza with the family. All in all a nice night.

While Emily and I were chatting downstairs, Evan was upstairs "reading." We have a baby monitor in his room because our house is big enough now that we probably wouldn't hear him if he needed us...and most of the time, he won't come out to get us.

Evan has been doing this weird sort of moaning/singing/chanting since he was 4 months old. It always happened as he was getting tired, he would start to say, "Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm." I think it was sort of a meditative thing for him to help wind down. Since he has been talking, he does his "reading" aloud where he names off all the characters that he can see in his books. But he does it in the same intonation as the "Mmmmm, mmmm, mmmm"...it is sort of a nasal droning chant. Emily and I captured it on video last night. He is saying stuff like, "Thomas, Percy, James, Gordon, Freight cars, mmmmmmm..." Cracks us up everytime.


My girl is officially 3 months old now. She is such a sweetheart. The daycare providers said that she was really talkative yesterday. No real suprise there.

Miss D has a little bit of a cold and is sort of snuffly. But she is in good spirits. Can't wait to spend some time with her this weekend.
Well, I must run and pump now. Seeing her cute little face made me let down. *crying*

1 comment:

mom said...

I've been making co workers listen to the video. Cracks us all up! Miss D is precious.