Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Drip, Drip, Drop

It is raining! Hard. I would think we live in Michigan or Seattle or something. We have a small lake in front of our building this morning. The city wisely forgot to remove some construction things that have clogged up a drain. Seriously, if I crossed the street to my building the way I normally go, I would be knee deep in water. Evan could not be convinced to wear regular shoes today. He is in his sandals. Because "it is summer and we don't wear socks in the summer."

Delilah did ok on her first day at daycare. She was exhausted...poor baby. The first thing I wanted to do was nurse her when we got home. I just needed that closeness. Strange feeling to have, considering how much I have disliked breastfeeding. I didn't know how much I have gotten attached to her until I picked her up from daycare yesterday. I just wanted to hold her forever.

Last night, Evan had cereal for dinner (Sue me. I was tired and he was actually eating). He kept saying, "This cereal is part of a complete breakfast." Gotta love commercials. Gah.

I have a meeting to catch me up on my job today. Tomorrow, we are supposed to have a diversity potluck. The idea of making something to bring is laughable. Too tired. Hopefully, I can just bring some money instead.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Test

Mom said...

I love you. "Complete breakfast" MA.