Monday, June 22, 2009

A couple of things that made me smile this morning:
I was looking for a blanket for Delilah to cover her in her car seat and Evan started to yell, "I have a 'Dea! I have a 'Dea!" (idea, I think). He thought he knew where one was.
And then we were talking about how Daddy was home this morning but that he had to go to work tonight. I asked Evan if he knew where Daddy worked and he said, "The gym." LOL.

Today, I have lunch plans with my work friends! :) Tonight, Emily is going to come over. We are going to have a Jon & Kate + Eight viewing party. It shouldn't be so much fun to see if a couple is going to get divorced. I do truly feel bad for those kiddos. And I feel like one of the idiots watching The Truman Show, but I CANNOT help myself. Who decides to let the whole world watch your marriage unravel. I have no secrets, but even I would draw a line there. Kate talks about how this is all for her kids, but when you see stuff like this you have to wonder:
http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/telefile/2009/06/in-defense-of-this-kate-gossel.php
I am not even talking about her "denying" her child water. I am talking about how listless those kids are. They shouldn't have to do press! They are 8 and 5 years old! It doesn't look fun at all for them. So, my thoughts are that Jon & Kate are both douchebags. But I still can't help watching tonight.

And then my next dilemma. I found this daycare that would save us $400 a month. It is a state of the art center...looks really cool. The reason it is cheaper is because they offer civil servants 25% off. Well, the downside (isn't there always a downside?) is that it is affiliated with a nondenominational church. I wouldn't mind it if they taught the kids a few bible stories and had a Christmas pageant, but I do not want them indoctrinated. So, I am supposed to go see this place this afternoon. It makes me a little oogey. They call their youth group at this church Revolution Youth. Oogey.

1 comment:

Suzan said...

I say, check it out. You went to a daycare lady that had you seeing "Jesus in the clouds" and you know you had a penchant for make believe friends anyhoo. That was pretty oogey. Not that Jesus is make believe or anything like that. You just don't want a Church of Unhealthy Boundaries:)