Saturday, June 6, 2009

Hurry, post quick!

Ah, a rare moment at home. Evan went with his BFF, Chase, to see Dora at the theater. Delilah has been asleep since about 11:30. Ahhhhhhh. I even got to go to Kohl's. I bought a pair of pants and two purses. Not one, but two. All clearanced.

I had the worst parent moment ever last night. I had to take the boy to the doctor. He has maybe pneumonia/bronchitis/sinus infection and an ear infection. He started acting up in line for his meds. People were letting us cut in line to get us out of there faster. I had to go to Target to get kitty litter and something for dinner. So I told him that if he behaved he could have a car. He was asking for things and if I said no, he would hit at me or spit at me. So, I quickly grabbed what I needed and headed for the check out. He started screaming about wanting a toy. While paying, he threw his shoes at the woman next to us in line. So I took his shoes away. I was so embarrassed, I practically ran out the door. As I was trying to put him into his car seat, he was in a rage. He reached out and grabbed a chunk of my hair and ripped it out. I couldn't even get him in his car seat. I had to just go sit in the drivers seat until he calmed down enough for me to buckle him in. I have never seen him rage like that. I was crying and crying. I didn't and don't even know how to handle a situation like that. Your first instinct is to strike back, so maybe it is good that I was out in public. He has said a couple of times today, "Mama, I won't hit you again." I said, "No, you won't." He said, "But I did yesterday." I am sure he feels badly. I guess being three is tough.

Recently, in a fit, he threw his Thomas potty, so we took it away. He started asking for his "potty train" back. LOL. Because he has heard us talk about pottying training. What a goof.

I got to sleep in this morning. It was glorious. And then I had a bagel delivered to me by my husband. What a good day so far! I think my sister is coming over this evening. James is going to grill. Yum!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Ohh, you poor sweetie, most mommies have a bad boy moment like that. Your instinct is to run, but I am wishing I would have just stopped and waited until he was quiet. When Mikey was 3 and Danny was a baby I tried putting Mikey on a leash so he wouldn't run in traffic, or where I couldn't find him. Little smart ass just sat down! He sure showed me.