Friday, June 19, 2009

Fat Lip

We had some excitement last night. Evan was in his room playing and reading per usual at his bedtime. At about 8, I went in there to see if I could talk him into just using his sheet because it was so warm. I could kind of tell that he was having difficulty talking, so I peered into the dark and said, "What is wrong with your face?!" I could kind of see that his upper lip was fat. My first thought, as I turned on the light, was that he was having some sort of allergic reaction. Nope. Instead, he was covered in blood. There was blood on his mouth, blood on his hands, blood on his feet. I asked him what happened and he said he bit himself. So, I cleaned him up and couldn't really find any major wounds on his mouth. I got him a ice pack to bring the swelling down. Adding to the mystery was some black stuff in his back molars. He had brushed his teeth before bed and hadn't had any Oreos or anything. I brushed that out. James asked Evan, "What did you eat?" Evan said, "Just my lip." LOL. This morning, the poor thing still has a fat lip and there isn't any huge wound that is noticable.

We are pretty confused. He didn't yell out or anything that he had been hurt. But to get it to swell like that you would think it had to be some sort of trauma. Bizarre.

James had some major heartbreak yesterday. The daycare always helps the kids make us things for holidays. So Evan came home yesterday with a card shaped like a tool box with a story about his dad inside. The transcribed message was something like, "My dad likes cereal. He watches TV. He doesn't play with me. He takes me to the park." James was heartbroken. I can't say I blame him. I would have cried for days over something like that. James is a great father. He is more hands on than many many fathers. (Sometimes too hands on. I have to holler at them for wrestling all the time.) I am sort of pissed at the teacher for making what could have been a great gift into a slap in the face. Shame on her.

I don't think I mentioned here that Delilah and I spent the evening the other night in Urgent Care. She has an ear infection. Spent the day sort of upset at daycare. But while we were at urgent care, she was laughing at me. Her first giggles for me. Of course, she hasn't done it since.

Big weekend. Tomorrow is soccer and then Chase's birthday party. Sunday is Father's Day.

2 comments:

shawnandlarissa said...

Poor James :(

Suzan said...

I agree with you. James is a great Dad!