Thursday, July 30, 2009

The busyness of life is about to pick up again. I will rest in the fall :P Today, I am taking CPR training to be recertified in CPR and AED. Tonight is the Rod Stewart concert with my ma and sisters. I am more excited about hanging with them than sitting on the (wet) grass at Fiddler's. Saturday evening is my good friend, Claire's wedding. It is going to be a nice party...night time reception with dinner, drinking, and dancing. I think it will be nice. Then Sunday morning I get up and get on a plane to Vegas. Aimee is getting married. I am only staying in Vegas for less than 24 hours...but I fully intend to go to In and Out burger in that time period.

It is nice and cool and rainy...but I hear that the poor folks in the Northwest (who normally dont' have AC) are roasting. 109* in Oregon. Vegas is supposed to be hot too...but that is par for the course.

This morning as we were getting ready to head out the door, Evan put his hands on his hips and smiled at me and said, "Can I have some candy, or what?" Oh lordy did I laugh. Or what? LOL. He did not get some candy. Fruit snacks instead.

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

I know! Poor Jose's parent's in Oregon are melting! No AC at their house :(. I feel bad that I am wearing a coat to work and they are so hot!

shawnandlarissa said...

Have fun in Vegas, even if it is for less than 24 hours. Heck, you could hit some slots in the airport :)