Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tale of Two Weddings

Hi! It has been awhile. Life has mostly returned to "normal." I have some things to tell you about, but first I want to direct your attention to another blog. Heather Armstrong was one of the first Mommy Bloggers and I love how she captures exactly what I feel. She recently had her second child, med free and tells the hilarious tale here:


http://www.dooce.com/2009/08/04/labor-story-part-three



I just looked and it has been nearly a week since my last post. I haven't had time to sit down...and I have been way too tired to function. So Thursday night was the Rod Stewart concert with my mom and sisters. Late night, drank some.





Friday, I had to get up early and go to work, like any other day. Saturday, I had to rush around like crazy to get all my normal weekend stuff completed. My friends, Nancy and Brian, and their daughter Jenna came over to meet Delilah. And then it was off to Wedding #1. Claire is my work BFF. She looked amazing! The Catholic ceremony was sweet and funny. The reception was super duper nice--open bar. So that was another late night in which I drank too much. Claire is to the left with her maid of honor, her sister. I had a lot of fun with all my work friends at the wedding. I just wish I could have stayed longer. But we had to scoot home around 11 because I had to get on a plane the next morning for Las Vegas and Wedding #2. Wedding #2 was the wedding of my BFF from high school. She was my maid of honor in my wedding. Aimee and Richard wanted to get married before he had to leave for Iraq in a month or so. So, I got up early and had to rush around to pack. I got to the airport around 10 am. My high school friend, Tiffany, made it on my flight and we got to chat the whole flight there (I am sure the people around us loved it). We got into Vegas around 1 and went directly to In-N-Out Burger. For those of you who have experienced In-N-Out, you must. Heaven in a bun. They are only on the West Coast...mostly in CA, but there are a few in Vegas. We also picked up a Double Double for Aimee and made our way to the Stratosphere. Let me pause here to say that it was 109* there. Aimee might as well have gotten married on the face of the sun. Aimee found us in the lobby and we went up to our room to relax and chat. We haven't seen Aimee since our reunion two years ago. She had to leave to go get her hair done at 4 and we were supposed to meet Kristi and Brian. Kristi was another high school friend. She and Brian got married right after high school and are still together :). We met them for a drink in the hotel bar and chatted for awhile until it was time to go get ready for the wedding. Tiffany started to snicker as she hung up her dress next to mine in the closet. We were wearing very nearly the exact same dress for the wedding. It was pretty funny. People thought we were bridesmaids. The ceremony was held in the tower of the Stratosphere right under the revolving restaurant...so you could hear the motor throughout the ceremony. It was short and sweet. It was also really nice to see Aimee's family again. It had been years since I had last seen them as they have been, first, in Italy, then Alabama, and finally Washington. My one complaint is that I wished that we would have been able to spend more time with Aimee and getting to know Richard. After the ceremony and small reception, Tiffany and I went to go gamble for a little while. I lost my $20 in record time and we were off to bed. We had to get up at 6 to make it to the airport. I got to knit all the way home, so I was happy. Today, things are finally starting to slow down. Although, I have plenty to do. The photos above do not belong to me. I am horrible about taking pictures, which is why facebook is such a great invention.

2 comments: