Tuesday, August 11, 2009

James' Great Uncle John died this morning (or maybe it was last night...not sure on the details). He was 97. What a long life! He was sick this past week and in the hospital. David and Linda had just moved him to a nursing home/hospice care yesterday. I guess it was just too much for him. Poor guy. We will miss him at the holidays.

This morning, I asked Evan to go check to see if Daisy had water. She needed more, so while I was filling it up, Evan was telling me, "Dogs drink water. They don't drink milk, or juice, or pepper." I said to him, "What's "pepper?" He said, confirming what I thought he was saying, "What my cousins drink." Dr. Pepper...the choice of Ella and Molly.

The heat is on in my building. Seriously. It is in the 80s, and I can feel hot air coming out of my vent. I don't know what they are going to have to do to get the stupid HVAC stuff fixed in this building.

I went out to lunch at Hapa for a coworker's birthday today. I got the chicken katsu...so yummy. But all the veggies are punishing me now..........

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Sad that his uncle passed :(. But at least it was a l ong life :).

I haven't had chicken katsu since we lived with Lori. I need to get the recipe and make it.

Suzan said...

Oh I'm sorry about Uncle John. And a Democrat, too:(