Monday, August 17, 2009

Mondays

Monday is sometimes a safe haven from the work of the weekend. But it still sucks having to come back to work after time off. Especially when I am TIRED. Girlie is waking up at least 3 times a night. I don't know if it is her teeth or her ears or what. But I am TIRED.

Friday, we did the doctor again for Delilah's ears. Poor kiddo. Then Saturday morning, I did my first run. I am going to try to do the Couch to 5K program. The work week is the difficult part. Since most mornings I am on my own, I can't run then. And the evenings are a complete cluster. So we will see how it will get done during the week. Also, on Saturday, Delilah and I went to brunch with some girls from my boards. Erin brought her daughter Lauren. Lauren is clearly in the dressing herself phase. Great outfit. U of M cheerleader outfit, with two different colored knee socks, pink sequined shoes, and a feather in her hair. LOL. Delilah did really good at lunch.

Sunday, we got up early (no choice in that matter thanks to D!) and went to the zoo. It was a lot easier to get to at our old place...now it takes 45 minutes to get there. So, it was our first trip to the zoo as a family of 4. Since we have a membership, there is no pressure, we just meander around and see what we want to see. The only thing Evan really cares about is riding the train. And even that is losing its appeal. Delilah really enjoyed being "held" in the Moby Wrap. She only fussed a bit when she got hungry. We ate some lunch and left by 11:15 when the crowds were arriving. Delilah was asleep before we left the parking lot.

Evan told me this morning that he dreamt that James was getting him some Spongebob fruit snacks. What a dream! LOL. Hopefully, he has a better week at school this week. No peeing in the kiddy pool.

2 comments:

Suzan said...

How fun to go to the zoo as a family! You're such a good mom. Makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

Seeing as it's Friday now, I hope your past week was good. I enjoyed your post. We have a relative who sponges off everybody,staying from interstate 6 weeks at a time,borrowing cars,letting his elderly sisters wait on him hand and foot. His name is Bob, so you can guess what we call him. I think he likes fruit snacks too!!