Monday, July 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

The last couple of days have been rough for me. But tonight I got my moment of grace. I have been laying down with Delilah in my bed for a few minutes to get her to go to sleep around 6:30/7:00. We usually nurse til her eyes start to close. Tonight she kept taking little breaks to pull off and "talk" to me--her sweet eyes communicating more than her coos every could. After she finally closed her eyes, I got up and I could hear Evan yelling something in his bedroom. I went in there and he had his pants down around his ankles. He was yelling, "I did poop in the potty, mama." And he did. We have been putting his little potty in his room because it is hard for him to get into the bathroom at night. This is the first time that he has done anything like this fully on his own with no prompting. God, I was so proud, you would have thought it was my poop in there. LOL. As we walked downstairs to get his prize, he kept pumping his fist and saying, "I did it!"

This was after he stayed dry all day at daycare. Perhaps a breakthrough? You know I have a whole box of toys for the treasure chest that i think are so cool...you know what he picked? One of those silly spinning windmills. He was so proud and going to show his friends tomorrow. LOL.

These moments are sometimes so far and few between that I needed to document this one.

1 comment:

Jennifer Baldovinos said...

Yeah!!! That is so wonderful!