Monday, July 20, 2009

New Daycare

I dropped the kids off at their new daycare today. Evan was looking pretty worried in the car. He willingly got out of the car and started off into the building (noting the differences from the last time we were there for the open house, "There are no chairs and tables, there are no people, there are no cookies."). We dropped off Delilah first because she is the easy one to drop off. She doesn't care who watches her :P At this point, Evan started saying, "I don't want to go in there! I want to go outside." :( We went into the classroom together and I held him and showed him where the potty was, and all the toys. He started to get really scared and gave me the saddest face ever. Big crocodile tears and a pouty quivering lip. We sat down together and hugged for a while. I gave him kitty cat to hold on to and told him that I would be back in the afternoon. A little boy came up to him and I asked Evan if he wanted to go play with that little boy. He said yes, but kept looking at me with the sad pouty lip. Heartbreaking.

I just called though and the receptionist went to ask how he was doing. She came back and said, "His teacher says he is doing wonderful. Like he has been here for months." Whew. What a relief!

2 comments:

Suzan said...

That's our boy! He's "resilient". Love you, sweetie. You're such a good mom:)

Jennifer Baldovinos said...

Yeah, I'm glad that he made a friend :).