Friday, December 12, 2008

Strange day already

I parked in our parking garage at work and was walking to the stairwell when I heard a crash. Our parking garage looks out over Speer and Cherry Creek. I looked out to see a car out of control head nose-first into the Cherry Creek. Luckily, it landed rightside up and didn't go into the water, but that is like a 9 foot drop at least from the road. I called 911 immediately, as the construction workers in the parking lot below me ran to the car. Those kind souls even waded through the creek to get to the car! They started trying to open the door or crack the window. I told the 911 operator about the scene unfolding. She had to ask some questions that I had no way of seeing from there, like how many people were involved. But I did have a pretty good vantage point. Luckily, there is a fire department about a block away so rescue was there quickly. And thankfully, no one was seriously injured. I guess one car clipped another (the first crash I heard) and spun this car out and down the embankment. Yowza.

Next up, I walked to the Convention Center to pick up our caps and gowns. It is a hefty walk for someone who is almost 7 months pregnant. And it is COLD! I got there and was told I was too early. But these nice ladies took pity on me and let me pick them up anyhow. Big day tomorrow! Graduation!!!

Evan was a hoot last night. He was in a pretty good mood until he realized that his gingerbread house was gone (I tossed it because he had eaten most of the candy and it was falling apart). He kept asking for his "Wafflehouse." LOL. I know he cared more about the candy than the house, so I plied him with candy. Which was a mistake because then he wanted more and more. Soooo. I asked him if he wanted to help me make the corn muffins. He actually really likes to help me make things. So he was so excited. And he ate two corn muffins for dinner (but nothing else). During dinner, he stood on his chair and put his leg up on the chair behind him. "I'm doing ballet," he said. Crazy kid.

This morning he told me that it was still dark, so he wanted to stay in bed. Not that I blame him. I told him that if he stayed, Daisy would have to get him his juice. He thought that was funny. "FUNNY, RIGHT GUYS?" So he came with me. But kitty cat stayed home to wait for him today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see you all tomorrow!