Monday, December 22, 2008

Odds and Ends

We had a nice weekend. A little crazy since James was out of town. I had a lovely time with my little sister, Madeline, who came to visit. She and I made Penne alla Vodka and watched a movie. It was really fun. I was thankful that she was there too to help keep the loneliness away. Saturday was busy with lunch with Madeline and Kala and then making some crafts with Evan. Sunday, Jen and Baby Jasmine came over to have lunch. Evan was very excited to see them. He has a special place in his heart for Baby Jasmine. He is very good about sharing his toys with her (too good...he plunked his back pack about an inch away from her face...lol). James came home after that and it was good to have him home. Evan was very happy to see his daddy after the weekend.

We were trying to think of something we could do with Evan to get out of the house that wouldn't involve a shopping center of any kind (they are crazy right now!!). So we decided on Chuck E. Cheese's. I haven't been there since I went for a birthday party when I was a little kid. Eric Smith's shoes got stolen while we were in the ball pit. :( On our way, I mentioned needing to go to Target at some point. At which point, Evan started yelling, "I want to go to Target! I want to go to Target!" and crying. Definitely my kid. I am pretty sure he associates Target with toys. We had to convince him that we were going to someplace better than Target. He enjoyed CEC... rode a bunch of rides, took dad for a climb in the tubes, ate some crappy pizza. It was fun. I got a little crazy at the gambling type games where you have to hit the button at the right moment and you will win the jackpot of tickets. LOL. We won 113 tickets all told, which got Evan a plastic spider and a rubber frog. (Did you know that spiders make clicking noises when they chase you?) When we got back in the car, Evan wanted to go to Target, so I did the old bait and switch and told him we would go get ice cream. Win-win! (What? Ice cream when it is 11 degrees? Absolutely!)

Today was back to work and a busy day that went quickly. I had my 28 week appointment at the OB's office. We discussed the risks and benefits of a VBAC. She is very supportive of the decision, and I am trying to remain flexible because who knows what will happen in the next three weeks. Best laid plans and all. I had the glucose test today...blech, flat orange soda that you have to drink 10 oz. of in 5 minutes. But baby liked all the sugar, and her heart rate was up another 10 bpm today. LOL. Measuring 29 cm (normal). Gained 6 lbs since 4 weeks ago...but I am sure that some of that was today's lunch. LOL. 21 lbs total since my first appointment 20 weeks ago. She said she doesn't know where I put the weight (I told her it is in my butt).

No comments: