Saturday, December 27, 2008

It has been a strange sort of holiday. Exciting for Evan to have his Christmas and all that comes with it. But lonely for me too. I am sure it is partly the hormones. Partly. I am sort of lonely though. James just left for work and I have the Notebook on. I need to go to bed though.

Mom, Emily, and Brandon came over to celebrate Christmas with me and Evan. An abbreviated family celebration. Evan sure liked his new gifts. A workbench from Grandma and Grandpa, a Thomas the Train tent from Emily, and a Thomas the Train hay loader from Madeline. We went to lunch and then Mom came with me and Evan to urgent care for his latest ear infection. I am sure it was thrilling for her :) It was very nice to have the company though. Evan has really been button pushing lately. Or maybe I have been less patient.

As our evening wore on, Evan played with his ear more and more and then I realized that there was fluid coming from it. So either his tube came out or it finally unclogged. Poor kid was in a lot of pain though. Hopefully the Motrin will help tonight. He was still claiming it hurt an hour after his full dose though....I gave him some acidophillus for the placebo effect...and it can only help the issues the antibiotics cause.

I haven't eaten anything in about two hours and I still have heartburn. Yuck. I bought a bassinett on a whim today. It was 50% off at Target. I am a sucker for the red sticker. It will be nice to have a place to put baby in our room for the first couple of weeks. Oh well, I suppose it is time for a snack and bed.

No comments: