Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You So Proud of Me?

My kid is pretty smart. I think all parents think their kids are geniuses...but he surprises me with his conclusions everyday.

Evan counted his books from 1 to 11 the other day and I said, "Good job, Evan!" He said, "You so proud of me?" I had to laugh. And say, "Yes, of course!"

This morning we were talking about trains. He said, "Thomas pushes coaches and freight cars." (he hasn't figured out the distinction between pushing and pulling, yet.). I asked him which of those do people ride on. He answered "Coaches." I said, "Yes! So we rode in coaches the other day on the train." He said, "There was no engine pushing coaches." And he was absolutely correct. The light rail has no engine. Smart boy.

I am writing at work now. Trying to get a draft of my next report to my boss by the end of the week. We will hopefully get a reprieve that will push out our deadline for a couple of months...otherwise we won't have much to say. The next big thing we are supposed to report on happens in the middle of February and if we have to report before then our report will be sparse. Unfortunately, those decisions have to come from the Hill...and they are pretty busy right now.

No comments: