Friday, January 30, 2009

Fear

I wanted to do a quick blog because I am afraid I won't get much of a chance at work for a while! Maybe I will be surprised...and next week might be a bit slow. But we found out yesterday that we will be doing the majority of the work for this job before I go on maternity leave. Yikes. So 7 weeks of busting some butt. Hopefully, I will be able to tie up any loose ends each day before I leave....otherwise my coworkers will have their hands full if I go into labor unexpectedly. Of course, with my luck I will still go late and end up with a week twiddling my thumbs. LOL.

About a year ago, James did a great blog about Evan's great fear, the Vonage Man. At the time, he couldn't talk a whole lot, but he would come and sit on your lap any time the "phone man" would come on. Here was the scary man in question:

That has passed (and I don't think they play that commercial much anymore) and is replaced by a new greater fear. Swiper. Swiper is a crafty fox on Dora who will come and swipe Dora's stuff. The only way to stop him is to say, "Swiper, no swiping," three times fast or something equally stupid. Evan is TERRIFIED of Swiper. They play some music right when Swiper is about to appear and Evan will either come jump in your lap, or will hightail it out of the room. He actually shakes with fear. I am not quite sure what is so scary about the guy... Dora doesn't seem scared. Is it the mask? The music? Poor kid will probably be like me and have to watch scary stuff with his ears plugged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Me and Nattie hated that dang 'ol Swiper!! Maybe we could get him a punching bag that looks like Swiper lol I know I know "no punching" ha ha Or tell him to quit being a Sally Pants like his daddy HA HA ha he he he Love ya Emily