Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's Called Chocolate.

Evan and I are on our own tonight. I picked him up from school and set to cleaning the house. The cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow and things have to be mostly picked up so that they can even see the floors. It was a big job tonight. We were in Evan's room and I asked him to help me by picking up his little people and putting them in the bucket. He said, "No, you do it!" I asked again, and he said, "Daisy doesn't pick up toys." (He had me there. I told James that the next dog he gets better pick up its own poop.) I told him that if he helped me he could have a surprise. He got motivated then and picked up his little people.

Later on, after dinner, I got a piece of chocolate out and asked Evan if he wanted his surprise. He jumped up and down and said, "A surprise?!" Then he saw what I was holding. He said, "It's called chocolate."

I guess we get the kids we deserve. :)

No comments: