Monday, January 19, 2009

$h!t Jose!

So tonight, James, Evan, and I went out to dinner. After my long weekend, I couldn't bear to cook. As we were driving back, Evan started saying, "Day-mit," over and over. James whispered to me that he thought it was "damn it." So, I said, "what are you saying?" He said "Day-mit" but it sounded a little more clear. So I just said, "Oh we don't say that." He said, "Lucas say it at school." James told me to ignore Evan... but the kid was going on a tirade in the backseat saying, "I do say it. I do say it!" Then it was, "Shit, shit, shit." (So he does equate day-mit with shit...). And then he started hollering, "Shit, Jose, Shit! Shit, Jose!" We were silently dying in the front seat. I don't know where he would have heard those two words in conjunction (*looks at Jen* LOL). He quit after awhile and will hopefully forget it...for a while.

My girls' weekend was really nice. Claire picked me up on Saturday morning. Evan was a little sad that I was leaving, but I gave him a chocolate muffin and he barely glanced my way as I left. We drove down to the Springs and met Nancy and Maricela. Nancy's husband and her baby were there too for a minute until they left to go to his sister's house. We had a late lunch at a Thai restaurant and then walked around Old Colorado City. I can't handle too much time on my feet, so I sat outside a lot of stores while I waited. We got some food supplies and headed back to our vacation rental. It was a nice two bedroom apartment above a hotel in Old Colorado City. We had our little light dinner of cheese, crackers, fruit, etc. I had a leetle bit of wine and it was soooooo good. We talked the evening away and had a great time.

I woke up early and got showered and waited for everyone to catch up with me. We went to a restaurant in Manitou Springs called Adam's Mountain Cafe (at my mom's suggestion). It was wonderful. I got the Huevos Rancheros, but I also got to taste the French Toast. Afterwards we went back to our place and Maricela left. She had to leave early to get to the Inaugaration! Lucky gal! Claire, Nancy, and I went to the Garden of the Gods for a walk...I walked slowly, but for a long distance. And then we went to see Slumdog Millionaire downtown. The movie was so, so, so good. Really well done. Some parts were just so horrific to believe the conditions that some children live in. Really a good movie. Later that night, we had dinner at a greek restaurant. The folks cooking there really really liked garlic. The food was actually spicy with all the garlic. I had a filet and it was really tasty...very tender. We went back to our place and stayed up past midnight chatting.

This morning was packing up and getting ready to go. Claire and I said goodbye to Nancy (and her husband and baby) and headed back home. I spent the rest of the day playing catch up and grocery shopping. I picked up Evan and was geniunely happy to see him. I missed the little turd. Poor James has a cold. He wouldn't stay home tonight though, poor guy.

I am going to watch a bit of tv and head to bed :) Tomorrow is a full day! I have my 32 week doctor's appointment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daymit, I love reading about our little guy. And really glad you had a wonderful weekend sweetiepie.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Its Jen's fault. and its hose