Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Case of Mistaken Identity

Oh geez. I am still giggling over this. Evan has been learning first and last names in his class. I know this because Evan goes on and on about his friends Jake J_____ and Ben N_____. He says it just that way. It isn't just Ben, it is Ben N_____. I thought what I am going to tell you might happen...I even mentioned it to James last night.

Tonight, as I was dressing Evan for bed, we were talking about his friends. I asked Evan what his name is. "Evan Wassel-cow" Oh, no. Teacher has taught him to say his name incorrectly. I tried to correct him. He told me that that was my name, but he was Evan Wassel-cow! He said it with such exuberance and fire, I couldn't help but smile. Which was the wrong thing to do. He said it over and over, yelling it for effect, "I am Evan Wassel-cow!" I started to laugh and couldn't stop. I was laughing so hard I was crying and saying, "Please stop, please stop."

I diverted by starting to read a book to him, but he kept one eye on me the whole time. Anytime he saw a hint of a smile, he would yell, "I am Evan Wassel-cow!" and laugh and laugh.

I have to write his teacher a note to give her the correct pronunciation, I guess. Though, she is going to have a hell of a time convincing him of the more boring way to say it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... that silly boy

Anonymous said...

I'm really grinning about that Wasselcow kid. Good job on the chuck roast:)