Friday, April 23, 2010

So close!

I weighed in today. 129! One pound to go. Actually if I get in the 128s I will be in range. The problem now being how much is my scale off from the dr. office. It is a new scale...digital. I wonder if the dr. office will let me get naked to weigh in. LOL. The sad thing is since I am down below 130, they took another point away from me. I only get 18 measly points a day!

So James and I had big plans for today. Since I worked overtime last week in DC, I have some credit hours to use. We were planning on a movie or some general time together with no children. Well, if you have been following along on FB, you know that both kids have been sick.

I was called to come get Delilah on Tuesday morning because of a fever. So I went to get her and she slept most of the afternoon. During her nap, daycare called again to come get Evan; he had a fever. I asked whether I could wait until Delilah woke up to go get him. They agreed since it was nap time anyway. So around 2 we went to go get Evan. He started crying the second he saw me..saying that "it hurt." Then he went by the door and threw up. They took him to the bathroom where he threw up some more and wet his pants. My poor boy. He was really lethargic. So I was trying to get him dressed and clean him up...all the while holding Delilah who wouldn't let me put her down because she thought I would leave her there. We finally got out the door, but not without majorly disturbing naptime. Whenever Evan gets a fever, he acts really sick. Like can't move, won't listen, really pale, throws up. It is weird. So anyway, the kids were both home sick with James on Wednesday (Bless him!). Then Delilah was well enough to go to school on Thursday. So James was with just Evan yesterday. I do think that Delilah has a very mild case of the Hand Foot and Mouth Disease. She had one little blister on her lip and one or two on her hands and feet...but I did catch a glimpse of an ulcer in her throat. Nothing like Evan had that one time.

Wednesday night, James heard Evan cry out in the night and then checked on him to find him choking on his vomit. Poor kid. So we had to do the late night bed stripping.

So this morning, we were prepared to take Evan to the doctor, but his temp was normal. He was PISSED about having to go to school though and we had to do some major bribery. So James and I were back to being able to have a day together.

EXCEPT...that forking presentation I mentioned a couple of weeks ago is rearing its ugly head. We were supposed to get this to the head honcho today...and have been waiting for comments from my boss's boss this whole week. Well, boss's boss is taking his sweet time...and supposedly has comments but no one can get them from him. So I am working at home waiting for these comments to come in so that I can whip up a presentation to get to the head honcho by COB today. Why people have to wait until the last minute, I will never know.

We are still hoping to get to a movie today. Date night. Really frustrating.

1 comment:

James said...

We better get to see a movie...