Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Man, losing weight gets a lot tougher as you get older. I used to be able to drop 2 pounds a week no problem. Now it is hit or miss. And I know I am only eating my alloted calories. Gah! Lost .8 lbs. this week. It is still a loss, I guess. But I am still at least 2 weeks away from my goal. I have to make this weight by June at least. To be able to schedule in July/August. I need to recheck my work schedule to make sure of which dates I am looking at.

We have had the Easter activities this weekend. Egg coloring yesterday, Egg/Candy hunt in the neighborhood yesterday...today was the Easter bunny's visit. James came upstairs this morning and said to Evan, "I think the Easter Bunny came last night. There are some Easter baskets filled up on the table." Evan gets really excited and yells, "Oh shit!" I shouldn't laugh...but it is pretty funny. He really got into finding the eggs this time.

Delilah was just along for the ride for the most part. She found some candy yesterday and got to play with some toy eggs today. I think she enjoyed herself. She is sick again. Has a fever that goes between 99* to 101.8* last night. Hovering at 100.8* now. No other symptoms...so I guess we wait until she has something else going on.

Evan played with his easel today. One of his birthday presents. He really got a kick out of it. He really liked using the chalk and the dry erase markers. I asked him to draw me a cat and he said he couldn't. So I drew one for him first ("A circle for a head, triangles for ears, circles for eyes...", etc.) And then he drew one very similar to what I drew. I get a kick out of seeing him make his first letters.

Anyhow, I need to get into the shower. We are meeting Emily and Brandon for Easter Dinner at a restaurant.

No comments: