Monday, April 12, 2010

I have just a few minutes

while I finish my breakfast (3 pt. breakfast burrito and a large diet coke).

It is going to be a VERY busy week for me. I received the "opportunity" to create a presentation for the guy who is our equivalent of the CEO. He will be giving the presentation to a very well known state IT group. I am working with my director to do this....but it is a total "Better not F--- it up" situation. GAH! I have to have a first draft to him by tomorrow COB. Wednesday, I leave for DC. I have a meeting with the agency on Thursday. Back home on Friday, and I have to work on this presentation in between times.

Still trying to lose weight. This week will probably be a wash since I know I have to travel. Traveling is always really hard on the waist line for me. I will show restraint not get Ben and Jerry's at the airport though.

My kids are doing great. Always entertaining...always trying. Yesterday, I was quite certain my head was going to explode.

Delilah is so sweet (most of the time). In the morning, the past few mornings, when you come to get her out of her crib, she hands you her baby. You have to get the baby out of bed too. This morning, it was the baby, a book, her paci, and a blanket. But then she didn't want them after all, so I threw them all back in. D is within days/weeks of walking. She could totally do it, but she is so cautious. She has taken a few steps to or from me and her daddy.

Evan was cracking me up this morning. First, James was teasing him about leaving him at home (or something! I lose track of all the teasing that goes on at our house!) and James said, "It's ok." Evan said, "No, it is UN-okay!" LOL. Good use of "un." Then I guess watching Delilah get a catheter in last week made a big impression on him because as we were driving to daycare, Evan said, "Delilah doesn't have a penis." I said, "Yes, that's right." He said, "She has a hole. And pee comes out of it." I gave him some medical terms for what he was describing and then we went through several iterations of, "Daddy has a penis. You don't have a penis." Then, "When I was a baby, did I have a penis?" I said, "Yes, you have always had a penis, even when you were little." He said, "Now, I have a BIG penis." Ah, yes, and a healthy sense of self esteem too.

No comments: