Monday, September 14, 2009

Nap Needed

It was a great weekend. Saturday night was my Dirty Thirty birthday party. I really had a lot of fun. James, Emily, Madeline, Kala and I started off the night over at Fado's while we waited for Sing Sing to open. It started off innocently enough.
But people kept buying me shots and I got up on stage a couple of times. I had a ton of fun!
I think about 15 people were there for my party. Pretty darn hungover the next day. But worth it. Some of my favorite pictures:











Yesterday was our 6 year anniversary. We got to go to a movie together. We saw (500) Days of Summer. It was pretty good. Kind of a downer...but a great movie. We also got to go to dinner together. It was nice.
This morning was Delilah's surgery for her ear tubes. She got to last eat at about 3:00 am. I woke her to eat. But then the silly would not go back to sleep. We left the house at 5:30 am. We were the first surgery of the day. Delilah was a little tired and hungry so she was just a bit cranky. But overall, she was better behaved than Evan was prior to both of his surgeries. The surgery itself was uneventful. They came and took her from us and that was hard to see her go down the hall without us. But she was the belle of the ball there. Everyone loved her. They came to get us after about 15 minutes. The doctor said that she was glad we did the surgery now because there was thick fluid built up behind her ears. Her hearing should now improve greatly. When we joined her in recovery, she was crying inconsolably. Poor baby. She was all disgruntled and couldn't get herself together. She probably cried for 20 minutes before she calmed down enough for a bottle. She was watching her hands move too....I think she was seeing things. She is doing well now.

2 comments:

Suzan said...

Have I told you lately how beautiful you are?

shawnandlarissa said...

Happy birthday! And anniversary!