Tuesday, September 8, 2009

He's Right!

This morning, my boy said to me, "Mom, sometimes parents are wrong." I had to laugh. And I asked him who told him that. He said no one, that he thought of it himself. LOL. Then when I was laughing, he told me it was a joke.

I am back at work after a nice long weekend. I was sick for most of it, but am feeling better now. With a chapped nose.

Saturday morning, Evan, Delilah, and I packed up all of our stuff and headed out for my folks' place. We stopped in Castle Rock to pick up Emily. Sweet Delilah slept almost the whole way there. I think she woke up in Florence. Evan usually watches movies the whole way there...but I guess he is bored with Cars now because he asked that it be turned off after about an hour.

When we got to my folks' house, Madeline was already there too. Mom made us some grilled cheese sandwiches (YUM!). We had a little excitement there when we noticed a fire on the mountain behind my folks' place.



Evan helped us keep an eye on it with some binoculars, while my mom and I caught up and Delilah napped.

My Grandma and her husband, Bill, came over for dinner that night. We had lasagna and a roast and garlic bread. Fantastic (I tell you, there is nothing like Mom's cooking!). My dad was given a pinata for his going away party (he got a new job after 20 years at the old one)...so they wanted to crack the pinata for my birthday. Evan started first. Then I got to try. I beat the shit out of that pinata. LOL.
Evan was in heaven when I broke it in a couple of swings.




I felt really bad that no one else had an opportunity to play! We came back in the house for some ice cream cake. I caught my dad giving Delilah some chocolate ice cream and gave him some business. The little ingrate loved the chocolate ice cream. Evan went to bed pretty early because he had a busy day doing chores, chasing Rooster (one of the dogs), and playing with his toys. Delilah went to sleep after some fussing and slept pretty well. I did not sleep so well. I was miserable with my cold.

The next morning we woke up and started packing up again. Before we left we ate some Mexican Trout (cheese stuffed chile peppers battered in corn meal and fried) and spent some quality time with the folks.

It was really nice to be surrounded by people who love me this weekend. It was such a fun time.







2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Mmm, the Mexican Trout sounds yummy!

Suzan said...

I love you, too, baby.