Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pedicure Fun

I went to get a pedicure today. Sort of one of my last hurrahs for myself before having to turn over all attention to a new baby. I like getting pedicures....so nice and relaxing. It is funny going to the Vietnamese-run salons because they are all so similar. They are slow during this season...and probably slower still because so many people don't have money for the extras like these anymore. So they are all about the up-sell. You come in for one thing but they try to sell you something else. Manicure, airbrushing, little sequins stuck to your nails, etc.

I was one of three women getting pedicures. Everyone wanted to know when I was due and all about the baby. I even got my stomach molested by one of the nail techs. LOL. The nail tech doing the toenails of the woman next to me asked the woman, "Do you want rebase?" The woman replied, "No, maybe next time." "Do you want eyebrow wax?" "No, thanks."
The nail tech pressed further, "I think you should."
"Oh?" the woman was trying to be polite.
"Yes. You got lots of hair right here," and pointed to between her brows.
"I do?"
(I am closing my eyes at this point trying not to laugh.)
"Yes. Maybe you can't see it? I think you should wax."
"Um, ok. But don't make them thinner."
"No, I will just clean it up. Get rid of all that hair!"

Oh my. I was trying so hard not to laugh. That poor woman. And everytime I go into these places I am reminded of this comedian's stand up routine, because it is so so true.

No comments: