Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We took my car to the dealership last night. So I was car-less this morning. We got a little bit of snow, but when I looked out and saw that the side walks were mostly clear, I made the executive decision that I would walk Evan to daycare. It is only about a half mile away. I didn't want him to miss his picture day today...and I wasn't sure when it would begin. So right at about sunrise, we bundled up and got the stroller. And we started our trek to daycare.

It was beautiful. We had the type of snow that sticks to branches and such, so it was really pretty. We must have been a sight. All bundled up with Evan and Kittycat in the stroller. Every once in a while, Evan would say, "Brrrr...." LOL. It was pretty cold. (19 degrees, I discovered when I made it home!) He liked the novelty of it though. Anything new. The walk home was harder, I think.

I am working from home today. A nice change of pace. Evan said to me this morning, "Dogs don't go to school. They sit at home all day and night." LOL. I said, "Yeah, wouldn't that be nice?"

I am 35 weeks pregnant today. Yikes. This, so far, has been a pretty good pregnancy. The morning sickness was worse, but everything else has been better. With Evan, my body was ravaged by pregnancy...stretch marks, rib pain, tailbone pain, pelvic pain. So far, I think my body was already so stretched out that those things haven't been an issue so far. You know what does suck? Skin tags. Not a commonly known side effect of pregnancy, but it is "normal." I have grown about 15 of them in the last few months. I guess our bodies can't differentiate whose skin cells are suppose to grow like crazy. Hopefully they will fall off...ew.

Right now, baby is sleeping. I am thanking Xenu because she beats the crap out of me when she is awake. Tossing and turning. And very well placed punches to the crotch. Nice baby. Don't wake up.

No comments: