Friday, September 2, 2011

Bittersweet

I traveled with two of my sisters and my dad to my aunt's funeral this week. We left on Saturday and flew to California. It was lovely seeing everyone that we hadn't seen in so long. It was really bittersweet knowing how much my aunt Nan would have loved to have everyone there with her. We told stories. My dad played his guitar and sang. We looked at pictures. It was really touching to see that while we didn't get our families together often, Aunt Nan meticulously saved each photo we shared with her. There were pictures of us as kids, senior photos, photos of my kids... I got to meet my cousin's kids. They were a delight and reminded me of the ones I left at home. Family then...
Family now...



Saturday was a travel day and a little party at my uncle's house. Sunday, we went to the yacht club and beach. Monday, was Nan's day. It was a sad day. We had the funeral mass and then went to the cemetary. My heart really broke for my dad.
We flew home on Tuesday.


I am exhausted just thinking of my next month. James and I fly to Hawaii next week. Then my cousin's wedding in Albuquerque is at the end of the month. With a trip to DC likely before the month is over. Whew!


1 comment:

shawnandlarissa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.