Sunday, May 23, 2010

L O S T

Tonight is the finale and I am feeling nostalgic. I watched the pilot episode last night and the cast looked sooooo young. 6 years ago (maybe 7 for the cast...as it usually takes some time for the pilot to be shot, picked up, and run on tv). Everyone was fresh-faced and for the most part really good looking. I guess the last six years will show on my face and body too. I was 24 when the pilot ran. I had heard all the buzz from my entertainment websites and magazines. I was in Washington DC....actually that week, I was staying way out in Virginia because I couldn't get any closer to the District. I had to take the Metro way out to the end of the line and then STILL walk a good half mile to the hotel. In fact, that day, I walked and ate Coldstone Creamery at the same time...figuring it might cancel it out.

I was planning on watching the show because it really resonated with me...the airplane...I was always on airplanes those days. I was miserable with my job. I was recently married and never really got to see my husband because I was in DC all the time. So I was trying to apply for jobs while watching the pilot...trying to change my life. But I was riveted. I couldn't take my eyes off the show. Eventually, my application page at the FBI timed out. I didn't care because I was so into this show. :) I did change my life...not through changing jobs, but through having children (for better or worse :P ). Because of the way time ran on the island, I was pregnant at the same time Sun was. In fact, when everyone was saying, "Yeah right, some just happened to have a pregnancy test in their suitcase." I got to say, "I took a pregnancy test with me to Mexico." I knew there was a chance that I would be pregnant, so I took the test with me. :)

And so life goes on, 6 years later, we all look a little older. And maybe after tonight's show...maybe a little wiser. Maybe.

No comments: