Thursday, January 7, 2010

6 minutes

I have about six minutes until I am out the door at work. Things have been sloooooow. It makes for long boring days. Today, I did get a Greek lunch with friends. YUM! I am on my last week or so of indulgence before starting up on the diet/exercise program. I have about 15 pounds to lose. I would settle for 10 though :)

Evan had a rough day on Tuesday. He lashed out at another kid, and then was hitting and kicking at his teacher when she pulled him away from the group. :( So we talked a lot about not hitting and explained that from now on when he hits, he loses a toy for a whole day. As an incentive, I told him that if he got a green day on Wednesday that I would buy him icecream. So yesterday, he greeted me at the door of his school with the news that he had a green day. and he asked if that meant that he got ice cream. I said yes, and we set off (in the snow). Once in the car, Evan says to me, "I had a green day, but I hurt two people." I said, "You did? What happened?" He said, "I hit Lyric and Abby, but I still had a green day." Now I was in a bind...because I did tell him that he could have ice cream if he had a green day. It didn't occur to me that he would hit two kids and just not get caught for it. So I just told him again that we don't hit people and that next time that happens he is going to lose a toy for a day. I think he knew he had me. Devious.

1 comment:

Jennifer B. said...

You're a nicer mom than me. I would have made him stay home ;). Mwahahaha!