Thursday, August 4, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On

Someone at my work has hung up this poster:



























These type of posters were used in England during WWII. I think the sentiment is just perfect. In addition to the threat of a loss of job hanging over our heads, we are also under construction. We work all day with the sound of jackhammers going. I have to pack my entire cube up by the end of the month and temporarily move to another floor. It is probably a good time to go through all the crap I have accumulated over the last few years and throw it away. We did get some good news today...well good for us. My big boss did not get the job that would take him away from this agency. So bad for him, good for us.


Last night James and I went to see Crazy, Stupid, Love as part of our date night. It was a cute movie. A little longer than I would have liked. Plus, we were both irate at these teenagers who talked through the entire damn movie. We had our neighbor girl over to babysit. Evan told me this morning that both sisters were over at some point. They do a good job. They played games with the kids. But it is easy to see that my kids manipulate the shit out of those poor girls. Delilah was in bed with every single thing in her room in her bed, including a sippy cup of chocolate milk. Delilah woke up asking for her babysitters and cried when I said they were gone. They must have had fun.


Tomorrow, I am taking the day off so that we can take the kids to a waterpark. We went one day last year and the kids really enjoyed it. This time we are meeting some friends over there too. Should be a good time.


The other day, James was talking to Delilah and said, "Oh look it's My Little Pony." To which she got all mad and said, "No! It's MY little pony." Ahahaha. It never fails to amuse.

No comments: