Friday, October 9, 2009

Negligent

I have been neglecting this blog. I really do enjoy writing in this...but sometimes it is hard to keep up.

We have been dealing with some sick kiddos. Evan has had a fever, cough, and vomiting this week. Delilah woke up with a pretty nasty cold this morning. Poor thing can't have a solid week of being well. This is shaping up to be a really fun winter with all the cold and flu out there. I have been taking sick leave left and right. I probably won't have any left when I need it for myself.

I spent a day home with Evan when he was sick and I think that he really enjoyed himself. I had to work, but I took breaks every so often to play trains or cuddle on the couch. We watched Tarzan, went to lunch. It was a nice sick day for him. We rarely get time--just me and him. When I located something for him, he said, "Great, mommy! You're a genius!" LOL. I love it.

He went to school on Wednesday and when I went to pick him up, he wasn't in his classroom. After a moment of panic, his teachers said, "Is he in karate?" (an instructor comes on Wed. for kids that pay extra). I said, "No." They said, "Well, he said he was." I said, "He doesn't even know what karate is." LOL. So Evan was in the gym having a free karate lesson. He seemed to be enjoying himself, but when he saw me, he ran to me and said, "Mommy, I am going to throw up." And he did. Poor kiddo. But I still am giggling at the free karate lesson. Seriously, you are going to believe a 3 year old? The same kid who told everyone he was from China? Ok.

As you can see from my ticker, we are only 14 days away from our Disney vacation. I am looking forward to some beachy weather and having some fun with the kids. Only getting mild hives thinking about the 4 hour plane ride.

I was hoping to be closer to my goal weight by now, but shit happens. I will still enjoy my fat ass on the beach. It isn't like I was going to wear a bikini anyway.

Here are some pictures to make up for my absence.

2 comments:

shawnandlarissa said...

Poor kids :(

Suzan said...

Did he really say he was from China? And you DON"T have a fat ass!